ZILAST 50MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of ZILAST 50MG TABLET
Cilostazol is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Improves symptoms of blood flow problems in legs
- Muscle pain/ cramps occurring due to excess walking
Side Effects Of ZILAST 50MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Cilostazol
The common side effects of Cilostazol are:
Some severe (but rare) side effects may be:
- Black stools
- Vomiting looks like coffee grounds
- Easy bleeding
- Signs of infections
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of ZILAST 50MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Cilostazol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Cilostazol or any other allergies
- Active bleeding, blood disorders
- Strokes, heart disease
- Kidney disease
An involuntary contraction of a muscle which occurs unexpectedly and doesn’t relax is known as a muscle cramp. When we make use of the voluntary muscles (muscles that can be controlled) in our arms and legs, they contract and relax alternately as the limbs are moved.
The muscles in the neck, head and trunk contract and relax and help to maintain posture. When a muscle (or few fibres of the muscle) contracts involuntarily, it is said to be in “spasm” and if the spasm is sustained and forceful, then it becomes a cramp. Muscle cramps cause the palpable or visible hardening of the muscle that is involved.
Any muscle(s) that can be controlled voluntarily (skeletal muscle) can be affected by cramps. Cramps can affect the entire muscle or part of a muscle or many muscles in a group. Muscle cramps can last for a few seconds or sometimes much longer and it can recur several times until it subsides.
The most common muscle groups that get cramps are:
- Gastrocnemius (back of calf or lower leg)
- Quadriceps (front of thigh)
- Hamstrings (back of thigh)
- Cramps in the abdomen, alongside the rib cage, arms, hands and feet are very common.
Muscle cramps are extremely common and everyone experiences cramps in their lifetime. Muscle cramps are quite common in adults and increase in frequency with age. The cramping of feet and legs (nocturnal leg cramps) and calf cramps (also known as Charley horse) are quite common.
Almost everyone experiences pain in the muscle at some point in time. Muscle pain, also known as myalgia is very common and since we have muscle tissue throughout the body, you can experience a muscle pain practically anywhere. The term “myalgia” or muscle pain is derived from the ancient Greek words “myos” which stands for “muscle” and “algos” meaning pain. The most common areas where you can experience muscle pain are the neck, back, legs and trapezius.
Symptoms Treated With ZILAST 50MG TABLET
Symptoms of muscle cramps include:
- Local pain
- Twitching of muscle
- Cramped muscle becomes hard
- Disturbs function of affected limb
What Are The Symptoms Of Muscle Pain
- Inflammation that causes swelling and pain.
- Tenderness when the muscle is touched or moved.
- Muscles hurt even while you rest.
- Pain may be very mild or so severe that you can’t use the muscle.
Causes of diseases where ZILAST 50MG TABLET is used
Muscle cramps are caused due to various reasons such as:
- Exercising, overuse of the muscles, injury.
- Due to cold temperature, especially cold water.
- Medical conditions like kidney disease, thyroid disease, multiple sclerosis, peripheral arterial disease (problems with blood flow).
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time, standing for a long time on a hard surface, placing legs in awkward positions when sleeping.
- Reduced levels of minerals such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, etc.
- Medicines like diuretics, statins, birth control pills, statins, etc.
- Nerve compression (lumbar stenosis).
- Insufficient blood supply.
What Are The Causes Of Muscle Pain
Some causes of muscle pain include:
- Tension, stress, physical activity
- Overuse of muscle while doing some physical activity
- Injuring the muscle while exercising or some physical activity
- Infections such as flu, bacterial infections, and polio
- Medications and drugs such as ACE inhibitors, statins, and cocaine
- Fibromyalgia, autoimmune disorders such as polymyositis, dermatomyositis, lupus, etc.
- Hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
- Lyme disease, hormonal changes
- Hypokalemia (low potassium levels)
Best Foods With ZILAST 50MG TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Muscle Cramps
- Eat healthy foods that are rich in calcium, potassium and magnesium especially if you’re pregnant.
- Foods such as tomato juice, dried fruits, milk, citrus juice, avocados, bananas, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, potatoes, fish, dairy, etc. are rich in potassium and help to break down carbs and build muscle and reduce muscle cramps.
- Eating foods such as cottage cheese, feta cheese, celery, beetroot, pesto, carrots, olives, smoked fish and meats, Himalayan rock salt and sea salt can help to replenish the sodium in the body and prevent cramps.
- Calcium is very important for the contractions of the smooth and skeletal muscles. Eat foods that contain calcium such as dark green leafy vegetable, nuts, dairy, canned fish with bones like salmon, sardines, anchovies, seeds, etc to prevent muscle cramps.
- Foods rich in magnesium such as soybeans, legumes, avocado, nuts, seeds, green leafy vegetables, cereal, brown rice, dark chocolate, cocoa, bananas, dried fruit, yoghurt, etc. help in the proper contraction and relaxation of muscles and help to prevent muscle cramps.
What Are The Best Foods For Muscle Pain
- Including magnesium in your diet can help to relax the muscles. Include foods such as green leafy vegetables, wild meats, seeds, and nuts, which are rich in magnesium.
- Potassium can help in the relaxation of muscles, so including foods such as melons, avocados, tomatoes and coconut water in your diet can help in the case of muscle pain.
- Foods such as spinach, kale, collard greens, yogurt, and kefir are rich in calcium which helps to promote muscle relaxation.
- Coconut water and watermelon juice can help to replenish the electrolytes in the body and reduce muscle pain.
Worst Foods With ZILAST 50MG TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Muscle Cramps
- Avoid drinking alcohol, as it causes dehydration and the muscle cramps to worsen.
- Avoid tea, coffee and soda as the caffeine contained in these constrict the blood vessels, reduce circulation in the muscles and worsen muscle cramps. Drink water, herbal tea or decaf instead.
What Are The Worst Foods For Muscle Pain
- Avoid soda and sugary beverages as they boost mineral loss and makes muscle pains worse.
- Sugar and sugary foods eliminate important minerals and calcium from the body causing the muscle pain to worsen. So, avoid refined sugar and sugary foods such as candy, cakes, pastries, colas, fruit juice, etc.
- Avoid alcohol as it causes dehydration and worsens muscle pain.
- Avoid packaged foods such as noodles, ready to eat foods, etc. as they are deficient in vitamins and minerals that are necessary for muscle hydration and proper functioning of the muscles.
- Avoid consuming caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, energy drinks, etc. as they lead to dehydration and worsen muscle pain.
Do's With Usage of ZILAST 50MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Muscle Cramps
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated to prevent cramps.
- When you have cramps, stretching the muscle that is involved can help to stop the cramps.
- If you have cramps in your legs, walking around or jiggling your leg can help to relieve the cramps.
- Massaging the muscles that are cramped can help to relax the cramp.
- Applying a hot pad or having a hot soak can help to relieve the cramp.
- If the cramps are due to dehydration, then replacing the fluids, especially electrolytes can help to relieve the cramps.
- Riding a bike can help to stretch and condition your muscles.
- Ensure that you stretch your muscles before and after a workout and before you go to bed at night to prevent cramps.
- If you are doing some activity that triggers the cramp stop doing the particular activity.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Muscle Pain
- Rest the muscle where you are experiencing pain.
- Apply ice or a bag of frozen peas to the affected area. This can help to reduce the inflammation and pain.
- Stretch the muscles gently.
- Always stretch before and after workouts.
- Relieve the tension by doing yoga or meditation.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids and stay hydrated when you are active.
- Exercise regularly to improve the muscle tone.
Dont's With Usage Of ZILAST 50MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Muscle Cramps
- Avoid increasing the amount of exercise suddenly, increase it gradually every week.
- If you have a cramp, don’t ignore the cramp and keep exercising. Stop until the cramp subsides.
- Avoid putting ice on the cramped muscle, as it will keep the muscle still in cramp. Post a workout or after any major injury, putting ice helps to decrease the muscle hangover, but to relax the muscle, increase blood flow and loosen the muscle fibres, applying heat is better.
- When the muscle is cramped, it may be difficult t find a comfortable position to rest. Place the cramped muscle or joint in a position where it stays at normal length or even slightly stretched. Resting it in a shortened position can cause it to cramp again.
- Avoid strength training the cramped muscle as it will worsen the cramp.
- If you have a lot of cramping, then it may be due to some other medical condition. If you suffer from muscle cramps regularly, then see a doctor.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Muscle Pain
- Avoid any high-impact activities till the muscle pain reduces.
- Avoid lifting any weights till the pain goes away.
- Avoid sitting idle for long periods as it can lead to muscle stiffness.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfZILAST 50MG TABLET
- If you have a tendency to get muscle cramps while exercising, drink at least 2 cups of water before every workout and around 250ml during the exercise sessions. If you sweat a lot drink a sports drink that contains potassium and sodium to replenish the lost electrolytes.
- If you get cramps while sleeping, try to avoid sleeping with your toes pointed and avoid tucking in the sheet very tightly, as this bends the toes downwards and causes cramps.
- Taking a warm shower or soaking in a bath with added Epsom salts can help to relax the muscles and relieve muscle cramps.
- Wintergreen oil contains methyl salicylate that helps to stimulate blood flow and relieve pain. Mixing wintergreen oil and vegetable oil in the ratio 1:4 and massaging it into the muscle cramp several times in a day can help to relieve the cramp.
- Taking vitamin E helps to improve blood flow and prevents leg cramps at night.
- Chamomile herb contains flavonoids and anti-inflammatory properties. Massage chamomile oil into the affected muscles to relax sore muscles and this also provide relief from muscular spasms.
- Drinking cherry juice can help to relieve inflammation and muscle pain, as cherries have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin that is a natural muscle relaxant and can help to reduce muscle spasms. You can add it to your food, use it in the capsule form or apply a cream containing it, on the affected muscle.
- Apple cider vinegar is high in potassium and helps to relieve muscle cramps. Mixing one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drinking this once a day can help to prevent muscle cramps. If you suffer from night-time cramps, mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with honey and a tablespoon of calcium lactate with half a glass of warm water and drink this half an hour before going to bed for relief.
- Having a teaspoon of yellow mustard with a glass of warm milk can help to treat muscle cramps, as yellow mustard contains acetic acid that can help to relieve soreness and pain.
- Clove oil can help to reduce inflammation and swelling in muscles as it has anti-inflammatory properties. You can warm some clove oil and massage it for 5 minutes on the affected muscle for relief.
- Remaining in one position for a long time or sitting at your desk working for prolonged periods can make your muscles get stiff and tense. And, when the muscles get tensed, they can get quite painful. So, it is a good idea to stand up, stretch and move around once in a while to reduce muscle stiffness and pain.
- Filling your bathtub with hot water and mixing a cup of Epsom salt and soaking in this for at least 20 minutes can provide relief from muscle pain.
- Essential oils are an excellent natural remedy for relief from muscle pain. You can mix peppermint oil, coconut oil, and cypress oil and massage them on your sore muscles for relief.
- A hot water soak provides quick relaxation and relief from pain as it helps to increase the blood flow and hasten the process of healing. However, you must not do this within as soon as the pain first begins.
- A good massage can help to improve the blood circulation in the affected areas and can help to quicken the healing process. Massaging the affected muscles with essential oils such as peppermint mixed with marjoram, and lemongrass can help to relieve the pain and muscle spasm.
- Turmeric has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Mixing a teaspoon of turmeric powder in warm milk and drinking this twice in a day can help to promote internal healing and also provide relief from muscle pain.
- Grate some fresh turmeric and mix it with some salt and lemon juice. Apply this to the affected muscles for around 30 minutes twice a day. This can help in providing relief from muscle pain.
- Eating a cupful of tart cherries can help to prevent any inflammation and muscle pain, especially post a workout. You can also drink a cupful of tart cherry juice without any added sugar for relief from pain.
- Ginger is an anti-inflammatory agent and helps to improve blood flow and circulation and helps to relieve muscle pain. Drinking 2-3 cups of ginger tea daily for relief from muscle pain. Alternatively, put 3-4 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger into a cloth bag and seal it tightly and put this into hot water for 1-2 minutes. When it cools slightly, place this on the sore muscles many times during the day for relief from pain.
- Apple cider vinegar can help to reduce muscle inflammation and pain, as it has anti-inflammatory properties. You can add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with some honey to a glass of warm water and drink it once in a day for a week for relief from muscle pain. Or, you can add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to warm bath water and soak for around 15 minutes for relief from pain in the muscle.
- Blackstrap molasses is rich in magnesium and is used as a natural remedy for muscle aches and pains. Consume a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in your mug of coffee every morning for relief from painful muscles.
- Coconut oil is a great remedy for muscle pains. Use around 2-3 tablespoons in cooking for benefits.