ZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of ZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S
Levofloxacin, a broad spectrum antibiotic, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
Side Effects Of ZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S
The common side effects of Levofloxacin are:
- Trouble sleeping, headache.
- Nausea/dizziness, diarrhoea.
- Sometimes severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Seizures, psychosis.
- Tendon inflammation, peripheral nerve damage.
- Fainting, easy sun burns.
- Irregular heartbeat.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of ZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S
Contraindications Of Salt: Levofloxacin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug levofloxacin or any other allergies.
- History of quinolone – associated tendon rupture.
- Chronic low potassium levels
- Bacteria are the single celled, microscopic organisms which are essential for many processes of human body and a few of them are responsible for causing harm. A bacterial infection refers to the condition when there is accumulation of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body.
- Gastric problem occurs in the stomach or oesophagus. The gastric troubles are disturbance of gastric mucosa (mucous membrane layer of the stomach), acids contact stomach nerve endings.
- This problem can be acute or chronic. The acute gastric trouble gets away quickly but the chronic disorder can further lead to ulcers. Antacids, H2 antagonists or proton pump inhibitors can be used to treat the issue.
Meningitis is an infection of the central nervous system- specifically an infection of the meninges that line the brain and spinal cord. Meningitis can either be bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic. Meningitis can also be acute or chronic.
Bacterial meningitis is most often caused by Streptococcus pneumonia or Neisseria meningitides. Tuberculosis can also lead to meningitis, especially in individuals with weakened immunity such as HIV/AIDS patients or patients with leukaemia. Haemophilus influenza B causes infections in children under six years. Staphylococcus aureus causes meningeal infection, often secondary to trauma or from surrounding nasal or oral passages. Meningococcus meningitis has the highest mortality rate of bacterial meningitis, and annual outbreaks occur in endemic areas, such as the meningitis belt in sub-Saharan Africa.
Viral meningitis is most often caused by herpes simplex virus, mumps virus and varicella zoster. Viral meningitis is often referred to as aseptic meningitis.
Cryptococcal meningitis is an opportunistic fungal infection that occurs commonly in patients with a decreased immune system such as patients suffering from HIV/AIDS. A quarter of cases of HIV related deaths in Africa occurs due to cryptococcal meningitis.
Meningitis is a severe condition and urgent treatment is warranted. Consequences of untreated or delayed treatment of HIV include deafness, blindness, brain abscess, impaired cognition and in severe cases, death.
Bacterial meningitis is treated with intravenous antibiotics, while viral meningitis is often only treated symptomatically. Immunocompromised patients with cryptococcal meningitis need intravenous anti-fungal treatment, followed by daily oral antifungals, life-long.
Diagnosis of meningitis is made on clinical examination, with a diagnostic lumbar puncture and cerebrospinal fluid analysis. The glucose, protein, white blood cell counts give an indication of either viral or bacterial meningitis. Radiology like CT or MRI scans may show features that are suggestive of meningitis. The culture of CSF will give an indication of the causative organism, to assist in treatment with the correct antibiotic or antifungal medication.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With ZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S
- The symptoms of bacterial infections are running nose, cough, headache, restlessness. The signs of bacterial infection can be easily confused with viral infection; doctors can make out the difference by examining particular signs.
- The common symptoms of gastric trouble are excessive gas, digestion problems, heartburn, bloating, or distention (ballooning effect).
What Are The Symptoms Of Meningitis
Symptoms of meningitis are consistent with symptoms of raised intracranial pressure and irritation of the meninges.
- A headache(severe)
- Neck stiffness
- Photophobia (pain or inability in looking into light)
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Altered level of consciousness or confusion
- Skin rash (usually maculopapular) may occur in meningococcal or viral meningitis
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where ZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S is used
- Bacterial Infections can be caught by someone’s sneezing, coughing, sex, contaminated food or water, infected pets or livestock.
- The problem might occur due to excessive physical or mental stress, certain foods, inflammation of gastric mucosa or the antibiotics.
What Are The Causes Of Meningitis
- The spread of infective organisms is most often via the bloodstream. This includes bacterial, viral or fungal infections.
- The spread of infective organism from surrounding structures such as the sinuses or inner ear structures.
- Head or scalp injury can predispose to infection, especially if there is any penetrating injury.
- Post-surgical complications of neurosurgery e.g. ventriculoperitoneal shunt insertion in hydrocephalus.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Worst Foods With ZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S
Foods that must not be consumed if suffering from Bacterial Infection are:
- Unpasteurized and contaminated dairy products
- Protein foods (raw meat, tofu, eggs and fish)
- Raw and dirty fruits15vegetable sprouts
- Salads from market
- Refrigerated salsa
- Uncooked grain and miso products
- Brewed tea
- Unpasteurized juices
- Herbal Supplements
- Foods that can cause gastric trouble:
- Aerated beverages
- Spicy and fried foods
- Junk foods, smoking, alcohol.
What Are The Worst Foods For Meningitis
- High salt diet/ foods should be avoided due to their hypertensive effect on blood vessels, including the blood vessels in the brain and meninges. However, salt should be used in moderation and not be completely avoided.
- Processed foods contain lots of unsaturated fatty acids and increase inflammation
- Unrefined starches
- Caffeine containing beverages
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of ZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bacterial Infections
- The habit of washing hands frequently must be developed.
- Keep the household objects that are used by many clean (Telephones, keys, doorknobs, taps, sink etc.).
- Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- Toys for toddlers must be kept clean.
- Get properly vaccinated.
- Take care of general well being.
- Keep your ears neat.
- Don’t use cotton swabs, hairpins or clips for cleaning your ears.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Gastric problem
- Eat your foods silently. Don’t talk too much while eating
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Meningitis
- Vaccines are available for certain strains of meningitis causing organisms. These include meningococcus, pneumococcus, Haemophilus influenza B and mumps. Vaccines can significantly lower the chances of contracting meningitis, as well as reducing the complications associated with infections should they arise.
- Prophylactic antibiotics are indicated after contact with a carrier or symptomatic individual.
- Undiagnosed acute onset headache with neck stiffness should immediately be investigated, especially if there is associated fever.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of ZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bacterial Infections
- Avoid consuming contaminated or easily mishandled food.
- Don’t consume stale food
- Avoid smoking and being a passive smoker.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Gastric problem
- Don’t eat fast. Don’t rush through your food.
- Don’t lie down after having a meal.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Meningitis
- Do not smoke. Smoking increases general systemic inflammation and will delay healing of the meninges.
- Most viral and bacterial meningitis can be contagious. During the recovery period, the risk of infection is significantly decreased but it would be wise to avoid children and pregnant women.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfZILEE 250MG TABLET 10S
Some useful tips for the gastric trouble:
- Walk for some time after eating food.
- Sit upright while having your meals.
What Are The Tips For Meningitis
- Strict bed rest during the acute phase of meningitis.
- Mild exercise during the recovery phase may increase the speed of rehabilitation after treatment.