ZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM has the following salts in its composition
1) Clobetasol 2) Gentamicin 3) Zinc
Uses Of ZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM
It is used as topical application to treat many allergic skin conditions such as:
It works by reducing the in inflammation of the skin, redness and Itching.
Gentamicin is used to treat various types of Bacterial Infections like:
It is not prescribed for gonorrhoea or chlamydia infections.
Uses Of Salt: Zinc
Zinc is useful in the following conditions, as it:
- Reduces risk of Infertility, early delivery, oesophageal Cancer, diabetes, and aging.
- Treats diarrhea, Wilson’s disease, age related vision loss, anemia, anorexia, ADHD in children, Leprosy, peptic ulcers.
- Relieves Depression, the Common cold.
- Heals Burns, diaper rash, Foot ulcers due to diabetes, swelling, and ulcers in the mouth due to radiation therapy.
- Prevents gingivitis, plaque, Bad Breath, pressure ulcers.
- Reduces symptoms of sickle cell anemia.
Side Effects Of ZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM
Side Effects Of Salt: Clobetasol
Some of the common side-effects are:
- These may appear on first time application.
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Unwanted hair growth
Side Effects Of Salt: Gentamicin
Some of the following side-effects may occur:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach upset
Side Effects Of Salt: Zinc
Zinc is usually safe, but in some cases (over doses)it may cause:
- Stomach pain
Contraindications Of ZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM
Contraindications Of Salt: Clobetasol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
Contraindications Of Salt: Gentamicin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Low minerals in blood
- Hearing problems
- Cystic fibrosis
Contraindications Of Salt: Zinc
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards zinc or any other allergies.
- HIV / AIDS
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
- Bacteria are the single celled, microscopic organisms which are essential for many processes of human body and a few of them are responsible for causing harm. A bacterial infection refers to the condition when there is accumulation of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body.
Meningitis is an infection of the central nervous system- specifically an infection of the meninges that line the brain and spinal cord. Meningitis can either be bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic. Meningitis can also be acute or chronic.
Bacterial meningitis is most often caused by Streptococcus pneumonia or Neisseria meningitides. Tuberculosis can also lead to meningitis, especially in individuals with weakened immunity such as HIV/AIDS patients or patients with leukaemia. Haemophilus influenza B causes infections in children under six years. Staphylococcus aureus causes meningeal infection, often secondary to trauma or from surrounding nasal or oral passages. Meningococcus meningitis has the highest mortality rate of bacterial meningitis, and annual outbreaks occur in endemic areas, such as the meningitis belt in sub-Saharan Africa.
Viral meningitis is most often caused by herpes simplex virus, mumps virus and varicella zoster. Viral meningitis is often referred to as aseptic meningitis.
Cryptococcal meningitis is an opportunistic fungal infection that occurs commonly in patients with a decreased immune system such as patients suffering from HIV/AIDS. A quarter of cases of HIV related deaths in Africa occurs due to cryptococcal meningitis.
Meningitis is a severe condition and urgent treatment is warranted. Consequences of untreated or delayed treatment of HIV include deafness, blindness, brain abscess, impaired cognition and in severe cases, death.
Bacterial meningitis is treated with intravenous antibiotics, while viral meningitis is often only treated symptomatically. Immunocompromised patients with cryptococcal meningitis need intravenous anti-fungal treatment, followed by daily oral antifungals, life-long.
Diagnosis of meningitis is made on clinical examination, with a diagnostic lumbar puncture and cerebrospinal fluid analysis. The glucose, protein, white blood cell counts give an indication of either viral or bacterial meningitis. Radiology like CT or MRI scans may show features that are suggestive of meningitis. The culture of CSF will give an indication of the causative organism, to assist in treatment with the correct antibiotic or antifungal medication.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
- In Anaemia, lesser oxygen is carried around the body by red blood cells. Anemia can be of different types.
The common cold is simply referred to as cold as well. The common cold is a contagious disease caused by viruses. It occurs in the upper part of the respiratory tract which affects mainly the nose. The body parts that may get affected by common cold are voice box, sinus, and throat. Symptoms and signs of the common cold may start to appear within two days after the exposure to the virus.The common cold is accompanied by a headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, coughing and sometimes fever as well. Generally, it might take a week to 10 days in the recovery. Some of the symptoms can stay even for three weeks. When the symptoms of common cold worsen, it can turn into Pneumonia.
The force of around 200 viruses is involved for causing the common cold. A virus known as rhinovirus is the most prevalent cause of common cold. Common cold vaccines are not yet available. The antidote of the common cold is also not yet made but relieve to the patients can be provided by treating the symptoms.
In humans, the common cold is one of the most reoccurring infectious diseases. Averagely, an adult may suffer from cold from a couple of times to four times in a year. Cold occurs mainly in winters.
- Diarrhoea is an increased frequency of bowel movements (stools) and also increased looseness of the motion. Diarrhoea can be due to higher fluid secretion into the intestine, minimal fluid absorption by the intestines or swift passage of stool from the intestine.
- Acute Diarrhoea stays for 4 to 5 days but the chronic Diarrhoea can last up to 4 weeks. Recurrent and severe Diarrhoea can be a sign of an intestinal disease.
Symptoms Treated With ZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
- The symptoms of bacterial infections are running nose, cough, headache, restlessness. The signs of bacterial infection can be easily confused with viral infection; doctors can make out the difference by examining particular signs.
What Are The Symptoms Of Meningitis
Symptoms of meningitis are consistent with symptoms of raised intracranial pressure and irritation of the meninges.
- A headache(severe)
- Neck stiffness
- Photophobia (pain or inability in looking into light)
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Altered level of consciousness or confusion
- Skin rash (usually maculopapular) may occur in meningococcal or viral meningitis
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
What Are The Symptoms Of Anaemia
- Common symptoms of anemia are tiredness, dizziness, and breathlessness.
What Are The Symptoms Of Common cold
After the exposure to the virus, the symptoms may occur in few days. Certain symptoms and signs of the common cold are as followed:
- Stuffy or a runny nose.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Regular coughing.
- Congestion is experienced in the chest.
- A mild headache and slight body pain may occur.
- Continuous sneezing is experienced in some of the cases.
- A little temperature rise of the body can occur.
- Feeling of general sickness may be felt.
- The nose may discharge green or yellow, thicker mucus.
- Breaths become shorter.
- Pain in the sinus.
- Pain in the ear can be experienced.
- Eyes and eyelids may become heavy.
- Extreme fussiness may occur.
- Unusual drowsiness is experienced.
- Loss of appetite can also be of the symptoms of common cold.
- Certain complicated symptoms that may occur along the common cold:
There are fewer chances of such complications but sometimes cold gets worse and reaches to one’s ears, sinuses, or chest.
- Ear infection: The main signs of ear infection are yellow or green nasal discharge and aching ears. It commonly occurs in small children.
- Sinusitis: When a common cold stays for a longer period then the chances of sinusitis increases. Symptoms of sinusitis may include infected and inflamed sinuses.
- Asthma: Wheezing or difficulty in breathing may be provoked by a common cold.
- Chest infection: Infections like bronchitis and pneumonia can be caused by prolonged common cold.
- Strep throat: Common cold is accompanied by strep throat infection. In this condition, throat becomes sore along with coughing.
What Are The Symptoms Of Diarrhoea
- Loose, watery stools.
- Cramps in abdomen leading to abdominal pains.
- Frequent bowel movements.
- Urgent need to pass bowls
- Blood in stool (sometimes)
Causes of diseases where ZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM is used
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
- Bacterial Infections can be caught by someone’s sneezing, coughing, sex, contaminated food or water, infected pets or livestock.
What Are The Causes Of Meningitis
- The spread of infective organisms is most often via the bloodstream. This includes bacterial, viral or fungal infections.
- The spread of infective organism from surrounding structures such as the sinuses or inner ear structures.
- Head or scalp injury can predispose to infection, especially if there is any penetrating injury.
- Post-surgical complications of neurosurgery e.g. ventriculoperitoneal shunt insertion in hydrocephalus.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
What Are The Causes Of Anaemia
- Deficiency of nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B 12, sickle cell anemia (a genetic blood disorder) or kidney disease can be amongst few causes of anemia.
- The type of food you eat also affects the absorption of iron and folic acid.
What Are The Causes Of Common cold
- The common cold is the infection causes in the upper-respiratory tract. It is caused by the attack of the viruses. It is a myth that not wearing enough cloth in winters or cold weather causes the cold. Some of the ways one can catch infections are as follows:
- Exposure to the virus by touching any contaminated object like cell phone remote controls, laptops, etc. or any virus containing surface like door knobs, taps, etc.
- Close contact with an infected person.
- Using the personal belongings of a person suffering from the common cold like the towel, clothes, etc.
- A mild infection may be caused in adults by three types of viruses responsible foe cold. However, in old people, children, and individuals with a weak immune system it can cause serious lower respiratory tract problem. Also, patients with heart and lung diseases, asthmatic patients, and premature babies are at a higher risk of getting the complications like pneumonia and bronchitis.
What Are The Causes Of Diarrhoea
- The main cause is the virus that infects gut. However various other causes are an allergy to a food, alcohol, diabetes, diabetes to the intestines, medications, Laxatives, radiation therapy, running, surgery, cancers, troublesome nutrition absorption.
Worst Foods With ZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
Foods that must not be consumed if suffering from Bacterial Infection are:
- Unpasteurized and contaminated dairy products
- Protein foods (raw meat, tofu, eggs and fish)
- Raw and dirty fruits15vegetable sprouts
- Salads from market
- Refrigerated salsa
- Uncooked grain and miso products
- Brewed tea
- Unpasteurized juices
- Herbal Supplements
What Are The Worst Foods For Meningitis
- High salt diet/ foods should be avoided due to their hypertensive effect on blood vessels, including the blood vessels in the brain and meninges. However, salt should be used in moderation and not be completely avoided.
- Processed foods contain lots of unsaturated fatty acids and increase inflammation
- Unrefined starches
- Caffeine containing beverages
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Anaemia
- Junk food.
- Coffee, tea, red wine as these inhibit the absorption of iron.
- White bread.
What Are The Worst Foods For Common cold
Some of the foods to cut down to curb common cold and its symptoms are as follows:
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages: Immunity of one’s body gets weakened by alcohol, also body experiences dehydration. Such conditions make one even more vulnerable to common cold. So, one should not consume alcohol, especially in a hefty amount to prevent the common cold. Some of the beverages to avoid are beer, wine, tequila, vodka, and whiskey.
- Dairy Products: The Dairy product should be cut down during the common cold, as consuming dairy items may worsen the mucus formation. Excessive mucus causes the common cold to irritate even more. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid completely are milkshakes, cold coffee, milk ice creams, butter, cheese, yoghurt, cream, pudding, and other milk desserts.
- Packed Juices: When one is suffering from the common cold he/she must stay away from packed fruit juices as they consist of high amount of added sugar. Sugar decreases the efficiency of WBC to fight against infections. The Vitamin C benefits from the packed juice are cancelled by excessive sugar present in them.
What Are The Worst Foods For Diarrhoea
Don’t consume the following if suffering from Diarrhoea:
- Fatty foods as they make Diarrhoea worse
- Dairy products except for yogurt, as Diarrhoea leads to lactose intolerance
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks act as dehydrating agents
- Artificial sweeteners have a laxative effect on the digestive system.
- Foods leading to the excess of intestinal gas as beans, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Tainted foods prone to mishandling like fish or meat.
Do's With Usage of ZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bacterial Infections
- The habit of washing hands frequently must be developed.
- Keep the household objects that are used by many clean (Telephones, keys, doorknobs, taps, sink etc.).
- Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- Toys for toddlers must be kept clean.
- Get properly vaccinated.
- Take care of general well being.
- Keep your ears neat.
- Don’t use cotton swabs, hairpins or clips for cleaning your ears.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Meningitis
- Vaccines are available for certain strains of meningitis causing organisms. These include meningococcus, pneumococcus, Haemophilus influenza B and mumps. Vaccines can significantly lower the chances of contracting meningitis, as well as reducing the complications associated with infections should they arise.
- Prophylactic antibiotics are indicated after contact with a carrier or symptomatic individual.
- Undiagnosed acute onset headache with neck stiffness should immediately be investigated, especially if there is associated fever.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anaemia
- Use iron utensils for cooking as food cooked in iron vessel automatically gathers iron from the vessel and makes food iron rich.
- To improve absorption of iron in your body, take it with foods rich in vitamin C (like oranges, lemon)
- Find out the exact reason of anemia as your food choice will depend upon the real cause of anemia. E.g., patients with anemia caused by celiac disease should avoid eating gluten rich foods (like wheat, oats. Etc.), which others should continue with gluten.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Common cold
The tips that one should follow while suffering from common cold are as follows:
- Keep one’s hands clean: Keep the hands clean by sanitizing them or washing them, as it helps to avoid the transferring of cold causing viruses. Especially, clean one’s hands after visiting public places like movie hall, shopping complex, gym, airport, and railway station. As these places contain a lot of germs.
- Usage of disposables is recommended and encouraged if anyone from the family is suffering from common cold. By doing this one can prevent infection from spreading. After the usage disposables should be put into trash cans. One must particularly use disposable crockery like cups, plates, spoons and glasses, paper tissues.
- Maintain the hygiene of one’s dwelling place: One should keep the house area germ free by cleaning it thoroughly with disinfectants. One must take care of cleaning the most touched things in the house like remote control, laptop, cell phone, etc. It helps to avoid viral infection, which includes common cold.
- In the case of children suffering from common cold, clean his/her toys and utility items properly.
- Keep the towels and clothes separate for the person suffering from common cold.
- Maintaining a healthy and good lifestyle is important. One must exercise, take healthy meals, and sleep properly to boost up the immune system. Body’s immunity helps to fight the common cold and other infection.
- Keep the stress in control: Stress is one of the major factors that weaken one’s immunity; hence one should try to relax. Good immunity means increases in the efficiency to fight with germs that cause the common cold.
- Make swimming a habit: People are prone to common cold should try swimming and make it a habit. Doing so can improvise the flow of blood in the nasal tract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Keep the food preparation area neat and tidy.
- Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator.
- Consume clean water.
- Wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Cook meat thoroughly.
Dont's With Usage Of ZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bacterial Infections
- Avoid consuming contaminated or easily mishandled food.
- Don’t consume stale food
- Avoid smoking and being a passive smoker.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Meningitis
- Do not smoke. Smoking increases general systemic inflammation and will delay healing of the meninges.
- Most viral and bacterial meningitis can be contagious. During the recovery period, the risk of infection is significantly decreased but it would be wise to avoid children and pregnant women.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anaemia
- Avoid taking iron with calcium rich foods, coffee, tea as these hinder the absorption of iron in the body. Take these items at different times.
- Do yoga regularly as it increases the RBC count and also purifies the blood.
- Exercise regularly, as it causes hunger, which in turn improves your food intake.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Common cold
One must avoid a few things when attached by the common cold. Some such things are as follows:
- Do not touch one’s face, particularly the eye, mouth, and nose area, when exposed to the people suffering from common cold.
- Do not smoke: Smoking a cigar or a cigarette may disturb the air passage and increase the chances of the common cold, and certain other infections. Passive smokers are also at a risk of catching a common cold. Hence, smoking should be completely avoided.
- Avoid going to the work place: Since common cold is a contagious disease, one should avoid visiting public places. Also, some rest is advised during common cold accompanied by fever.
- Do not travel by air: When suffering from common cold, one should not take flights. Increase in pressure while flying can make the ear drum rupture if one is congested. Also, dry air of the plane may irritate the inflamed nasal track and enhances the chance of bleeding nose.
- Do not drive when feeling drowsy: Lack of sleep caused due to blocked nose and inability to breathe properly can make one feel drowsy all the time. Also, certain medicines prescribed in common cold have sedatives in them, which may cause drowsiness. Driving in such state may be proved hazardous, hence avoid driving in such illness.
- Avoid sexual activities: Although indulging in sexual activities is said to be an immunity booster, but it may cause the transmission of common cold causes viruses. Especially, kissing a healthy partner by the infected partner may result in the transferring of the germs. Hence, one should restrict from sexual activities.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Don’t consume stale food.
- Avoid uncooked foods when out.
- Don’t eat uncooked eggs.
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfZINCODERM G 15GM CREAM
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.
What Are The Tips For Meningitis
- Strict bed rest during the acute phase of meningitis.
- Mild exercise during the recovery phase may increase the speed of rehabilitation after treatment.
- Take some steam: Blocked nose can be opened up by taking steam. There are a lot of steamers available in market these days, which makes easy to breathe in the steam. If a steamer is not available, then one can take steam from boiling water’s pot. Always remember to breathe through the nose while taking steam. Also, be careful as the steam can burn the nose badly. One can add a few prescribed medicines to the boiling water for better results.
- Blow the mucus out: During a typical cold, excessive mucus is formed. Hence, it is important to blow it out instead of sniffing it back to the nasal passage. But be careful as blowing the nose too hard can make the germs enter to the ear passage that may lead to ear infections and ear ache. The right way of blowing nose is to press one finger on one of the nostrils and gently blow the other one.
- Use Salt-Water or Saline Spray to rinse: These may help to ease the congestion by breaking it up.
What Are The Tips For Diarrhoea
Following precautions can be taken to prevent Diarrhoea:
- Wash your hands before eating and after using the bathroom.
- Wash your hands after touching your pet or their waste.
- Use soap for about 20 seconds while washing hands, in the case of absence of soap use sanitizer.
- Keep children away from putting contaminated objects into their mouths.