ZOLE F SKIN LOTION has the following salts in its composition
1) Miconazole 2) Fluocinolone Acetonide
Uses Of ZOLE F SKIN LOTION
Miconazole is used to treat Fungal infections of vagina, also called Vaginal yeast infections. It reduces the symptoms like Itching, burning or discharge that happens due to the infection.
Fluocinolone Acetonide, a medium-strength corticosteroid, is used for treating a variety of skin conditions like Eczema, rashes, Dermatitis and allergies. Fluocinolone reduces the Itching, redness and swelling that can occur in such types of conditions
Side Effects Of ZOLE F SKIN LOTION
Side Effects Of Salt: Miconazole
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Itching/ burning/ pain in urethra/ vagina
- Abdominal pain
When you apply this medicine for the first time, you may experience:
- Dryness, or redness at the application area.
These effects usually disappear in a few days as your body gets used to the medication. However, please inform your doctor if any of the following continue for long.
Contraindications Of ZOLE F SKIN LOTION
Contraindications Of Salt: Miconazole
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Immune system problems like HIV/AIDS
Ask your doctor if you can have sex while using this medicine. This medicine may weaken the rubber products, hence causing condoms etc. to fail.
Fluocinolone Acetonide must not be used if:
- There is an infection or sore on the area of application
Also called as ‘Candidal Vulvovaginitis’, vaginal yeast infection is a condition where the concentration of yeast in vagina increases and that of Lactobacillus bacteria decreases. Generally, overgrowth of Candida fungus due to the decrease in Lactobacillus bacteria leads to this condition.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
Symptoms Treated With ZOLE F SKIN LOTION
The common symptoms of the condition are:
- Swelling around the vagina.
- Itching around the vagina.
- Painful urination.
- Pain during sex.
- Clumpy vaginal discharge.
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
Causes of diseases where ZOLE F SKIN LOTION is used
Candida albicans and other similar organisms are recognised as the accountable organisms in this condition. Overgrowth of yeast in the vagina may be due to:
- Impaired immune system.
- Higher oestrogen levels caused by hormone therapy or birth control pills.
- Excess use of antibiotics.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- Poor eating habits.
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
Best Foods With ZOLE F SKIN LOTION
The most recommended foods to reduce and prevent yeast infections are:
- Vitamin C-rich foods: Such foods effectively inhibit fungal growth. These foods include oranges, guava, papaya, grapefruit, strawberries, pineapple, kohlrabi, brussels sprouts, etc.
- Copper, Iron-, Manganese- and fibre-rich foods: Foods containing these nutrients help in keeping the fungal infection under control. Such foods include coriander, beans, peas, almonds, spinach, sunflower seeds, beef liver, dark chocolate, nuts, whole grains, salads, etc.
- Oregano oil: It is an effective anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory agent, which is why it is good for treatment of vaginal yeast infection.
- Coconut Oil: It effectively fights against Candida fungus and has antioxidant properties.
- High-protein foods: The protein intake has to be more during this condition to promote healthy Candida levels in the body. Such foods include eggs, seeds, chicken, fish, milk products, etc.
- Vegetables: These should be added to the diet to let the infection succumb through a healthy digestive process. Such vegetables include cauliflower, cabbage, onion, tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, etc.
What Are The Best Foods For Eczema
Anti-inflammatory foods are your best choice for dealing with eczema. Some good foods are:
- Omega 3 fatty acids: Fatty fish like salmon, herring are rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids. 6 grammes of concentrated Omega 3 is supposed to be good for treating eczema.
- Quercetin rich foods: Apple, cherries, blueberries, broccoli, spinach, kale. Quercetin is an anti-oxidant and antihistamine flavonoid.
- Probiotic rich foods: Yogurt, miso soups, soft cheese etc.
- Banana (potassium rich), Chicken (rich in glycine), potatoes, green onions, Mung bean sprouts and rice milk.
Worst Foods With ZOLE F SKIN LOTION
The foods that promote the growth of yeast are to be avoided. Few are:
- Sweets: Excess sugar helps in the growth of microbes. Avoid consuming candies, processed soups, fruit juice, etc.
- Baked bread: Made using yeast, these foods promote the growth of fungus. So, avoid consuming cookies, cakes, pastries, doughnuts and anything that is baked using sugar. Also, avoid products containing white bread.
- Dry fruits: Dry fruits have higher risks of being contaminated with fungus. So, avoid walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, coconuts, etc.
- Alcohol and other beverages: Alcohol serves a great medium for the growth of fungus. These include all alcoholic drinks, coffee, cereal beverages, etc.
- Sauces: Sauces can undergo fermentation and help in the growth of microbes. So, avoid ketchup, pasta sauces, and anything sauce with sugar in it.
- Pasta: Avoid consuming pasta bread, especially made from white flour. These can lead to further infection. These include fried noodles, ramen, semolina, farina, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
Do's With Usage of ZOLE F SKIN LOTION
Prudent tips for the management of vaginal yeast infection include:
- Washing underwear with hot water.
- Following a healthy and balanced diet.
- Cleaning the infected area frequently.
- Replacing feminine products often.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
Dont's With Usage Of ZOLE F SKIN LOTION
- Avoid wearing tight underwear and pants.
- Don’t wear wet clothes for too long.
- Avoid using hot tubs for bathing.
- Avoid vaginal douching.
- Avoid using scented sanitary napkins.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfZOLE F SKIN LOTION
- Applying coconut oil or tea tree oil cream externally around the infected part provides relief from symptoms.
- Make sure that hands are clean before applying creams or oils for treatment around the vagina.